Monday, January 19, 2015

Life is great here in sunny Florida!



Saturday was yard sale day here at the campground and we participated. You sign up at the activity center before hand and on Friday afternoon they print the list of campsites offering garage sale items. Saturday morning sale enthusiasts, location list in hand make the rounds on foot, bike, cars and even mobility scooters. I set out some stuff on our picnic table at 8am and by noon when I got tired of talking we had made $65+\-. Not bad for a mornings work!

In the evening we went to the activity center for some musical entertainment. We had no clue what kind of act we would see, this was the first time we have seen Time…Squared. The musical duo Gayle and Robert Cohen are professional musicians who specialize in custom designed shows for targeted audiences. They pride themselves in offering a variety of music from Broadway and Big Band, to R&B and Jazz.

Time...Squared


I’m sure you can see which direction this is going; as most of the target audience was retired snowbirds. I’m sure my grandchildren would not have recognized any of the old tunes. The musical duo was very good however, and we enjoyed it enough to stay for the whole performance.

Sunday we went to Clermont and saw the movie Taken3 starring Liam Neilson. Fun movie, lots of action, shoot em ups, etc!
Bargains!


Monday is Webster flea market day. This is about the biggest open air market I’ve ever seen; I seriously don’t think you can see everything in one day. Before you say, yeah we have a flea market, let me ask you this. Can you get a full body massage laying on a table in full view of everyone walking by? Does your flea Market have a used car salesman who looks so shady at first I thought it was a joke? Does it have full sized stuffed alligators? These are just a few of the oddities you will see at Webster’s. 

Blingo the used car salesman. He was wearing black and was backlite by bright sunshine so I had to alter the color of the picture to bring out his details.


You just can't make this stuff up!

It’s about 35 miles from the campground to Webster so we left early and arrived around 9am. About five hours and who knows many walked miles latter we were worn out. Millie bought many individual purchases, a little here a little there. I saved all my buying power for a single purchase, something I’ve been thinking about for a while. I bought a radio control quad copter with a HD video and still frame camera. I charged the battery today and will test fly it tomorrow.




Monday evening we went to the activity center and attended a sales presentation for a RV caravan tour of the Canadian Maritimes. We are already signed up for the tour in 2016 but I had booked it on the internet and we wanted to see the slide show presentation and ask the presenter a few questions. BTW, our Friends from New York, Clay and Rebecca just signed on and will be going on the 27 day tour with us.



Life is great here in sunny Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment