Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 2 - Florida



We only had a little over 200 miles to drive today so we slept in and let the fog burn off before leaving Georgia. As soon as we could we got off I-95 and drove the local roads down thru Florida. Highways 301 and 27 are in good condition with most of the recent construction completed and we enjoyed the day. The temperature rose as we descended the peninsula and by the time we stopped for lunch I was glad I had worn shorts today. In the afternoon the temperature reached 76 degrees and we put the air conditioner on, I love Florida in the winter!

Our reservation at the Orlando Thousand Trails RV Park is for Wednesday so we are spending the night at Lake Louisa State Park. Tomorrow we will move to Thousand Trails where we will stay for 14 days. This is a fun park with lots of scheduled activities to keep us busy. In addition I usually pedal my bicycle between 150 to 200 miles over the winter, Millie’s personal activity is the gym and she exercises almost every morning.

Those of you that know me well are aware of my dislike of cold weather. It’s more than displeasure, really cold weather hurts. I just don’t see the attraction to freezing to death, anyhow you can imagine how happy I am to be here in Warm and sunny Florida!



No comments:

Post a Comment