Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lowes Home store to the rescue!


I try really hard to keep the motorhome in good condition but no matter what you do, somethings always seem to go wrong. Early, really early this morning I woke up to the sound of water running. Thankfully, a quick check found no water inside, but I was certain I heard water. Outside I soon found the source, the plastic cap of a diverter valve had blew out. I shut the water off at the service post and went back to bed.

An internet check revealed a Camper World parts store 14 miles down I-20. We drove the motorhome to Camper world. The first person I talked to said yes they have them in the service department. So I go over there and a young lady said yes they have them but I have to call (I forgot his name). She calls I forgot his name on speaker phone and says she needs a ¼ inch diverter valve. I spoke up and said, no it is a ½ inch ¼ turn diverter valve. I forgot his name immediately says no we don't have them. As there several different styles, I'd think he would have wanted to see the part but no he just didn't have one. Doesn't have a very good attitude either if you ask me!

I asked the counter girl if there was a Lowes or Home Depot nearby. Yes right down the road she said, I thanked her and left. At Lowes I purchased some PEX tubing and fittings and fashioned a replacement arrangement for the broken valve right in the parking lot. Thank you Lowes, shame on Camper World of Anniston for the poor customer service.



After lunch, we decided to change course and get off I-20. We drove north on rt 431 a nice 4 lane highway that winds it's way thru towns, across mountains, and Gunterville Lake. We followed it all the way to Huntsville before turning west and making our way to Muscle Shoals in the northwest Alabama.



We are camped in a county park campground located on Wilson Lake just outside the town. We have decided to spend two nights here so we can explore the musical heritage of Muscle Shoals. Although an unlikely breeding ground for some of America's most creative and defiant music. There, FAME Studios brought black and white musicians together to create music for the masses.

Campground= $16.00 a night full hookup plus good WiFi.
Fuel=$1.95 per gallon, 37.6 gallons, $73.77 total.
Miles driven today= 237
Lowes= $40.00
Lunch at Zaxby's= $10. for two sandwiches
Diner from Subway $5.80 for one foot long sandwich we shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment