Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Trip to Delaware



I’ve had the MRI, been to the orthopedic surgeon and have surgery scheduled for the middle of June. He could have done it sooner but I still have reservations at Lumm’s Pond State Park in Delaware, it was to be a stop on the Middle America tour. We decided to take a quick trip north to see my family. I haven’t been up there this year and won’t be driving for a while after the surgery.



We drove our preferred route, highway 17 thru North Carolina and Virginia before switching to route 13, the road that would take us across the Chesapeake Bay and up thru the Delmarva Peninsula. We overnighted at Kiptopeke State Park on the eastern shore of Virginia.



On Sunday morning we traveled the rest of the way to our destination near Newark Delaware. Arriving early in the day we set up camp and then drove to my parent’s house. My son and daughter-in-law had organized and prepared a family dinner there. I got to see my parents, brothers and their families all at once, which was a good thing because we soon would decide to cut the trip short.




Our little dog Dixie has recently been diagnosed with Renal Failure and she has not been doing very well. We took the dogs with us to my parent’s house on Monday and enjoyed another visit with them. That evening Larry, Kristie and Delaney met us at the motorhome for pizza. We were becoming very concerned about Dixie and decided having seen family we wanted to get back to our trusted vet in Myrtle Beach. Once again I missed visiting friends while in Delaware but, sometimes life doesn’t work out the way you planned.



We broke camp and started for home on Tuesday morning, retracing the route we took north. After an overnight stop at Green Acres RV Park near Williamston, North Carolina we ran the rest of the way home in one day.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment